Cycle 1 Pancakes

PANCAKES in Cycle 1.  Totally cycle compliant.

Excited yet?  These are G-R-E-A-T!!!!

Be sure and read the notes after the directions!

2 eggs
1 scoop protein powder, flavored
1-2 tsp oil (olive oil, definitely not vegetable oil!)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)

Combine all ingredients and mix well.  I whisk the protein powder in slowly so as to avoid the batter being lumpy.

Cook these as you would any regular pancakes. 

Notes:

Informational:
This recipe makes between 4 and 8 pancakes depending on the consistency of the pancakes and how large you make them.

I used extra large brown, cage-free eggs (which tend to have more white to them, in my opinion) and the batter was a bit runny.  What I did the second time I made them was I used 1 1/2 scoops of protein powder and made the baking powder a heaping teaspoon -- that solved the consistency issue as well as made them nice and fluffy.

Variations:
These can be topped with strawberries, fruit jam/jelly (sugar-free), blueberries, etc.  What I did with my blueberries was to microwave to get them extra soft, then crushed most of them with a fork and put them on top of my pancakes.

You can also add fruit to the pancakes when you're cooking.  I would not advise you to add the fruit to the batter, but to put them on top once you've spooned them onto your frying pan.  I think I prefer to have the fruit on top and not inside, but you decide what you like!

I added 2 Tbsp of cottage cheese to the batter the second time making it for more protein. Very good!

Calorie Information:

If using the ingredients as stated above, these are 370 calories for the entire recipe.

If you use only 1 tsp of oil, the calories are 330.

If you use 1 tsp of oil and 2 Tbsp of cottage cheese, the calories are 355.

Here's a couple of photos of the pancakes!